Saturday, March 12, 2011

Horror stories are wake up calls.

It's pretty common to become a little bit more emotional when you become a parent- crying at an ad with sad music, becoming hysterical when your baby says their first word. Ok, so maybe a LOT more emotional.
Perhaps this is a protective mechanism in mothers? To be more emotionally effected by certain things could  be natures way of creating a safety barrier?

My friend Zoe shared this story with me and asked that I share it with all of you. Despite the tears streaming down my face, the nausea and the repeated shut of the laptop screen I am glad she did. My 'motherly emotions' in reaction to this story have shocked and upset me into a wake-up call, If we can prevent this from ever, EVER happening again, it wouldn't be soon enough.

Please have a read, when you are ready.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Nat, I can't believe I'm up at 5am reading this and crying my eyes out.
    What a heartbreaking ordeal for anyone to go through, there are honestly no words.
    xx

    ReplyDelete