Wednesday, November 2, 2011

busy busy family of bees.



One word, nine letters, three syllables. NEGLECTED.

Every day for the last few weeks I have said the word blog, "I must blog, I will blog, I want to blog, I need to blog". I have missed it so very much, but finding a spare second in a day, any day, has been like finding a needle in a haystack. I envy those who are able to lead busy lifestyles and run demanding families and still manage to find time to blog, perhaps I have been letting my priorities slide a little and procrastinating more than usual.

Tonight, I am leaving the basket of washing unfolded and skipping dinner. I have sent the baby to bed and the partner out for a run and I am spending some quality alone time with my laptop, my iPhone, my glass of red wine and my block of chocolate. These are certainly not the order of my priorities at all times, but tonight they are. I have missed writing, expressing, creating and inspiring so very much. As over-emotional and dramatic as it sounds, I need to blog. I need this creative outlet, for both my sanity and my motivation. It opens me to a whole new world of communication, with Mothers from the other side of the country to families the other side of the world. Because of this blog I have discovered many a serving of empathy, many a cool baby product, many a developing friendship and many a smile.

No matter how darn busy life is, I want to tap these fingers on the keyboard and document my life as a mother, my philosophies as a parent and my feelings as Natalie.

I hope you haven't given up reading and I thank you for your patience in waiting for me.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to blog I go!

...Plenty of love...



2 comments:

  1. Busy is good. Busy is productive and satisfying. Busy is living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! Life can have a way of taking over sometimes xx

    www.her-name-is-lucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete