Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An open letter to my Valentine...



Dearest Nick, 

On this day, in this year, you are my valentine. On this day, in last year, you were my dream. On this day, in next year, you will be the Father of our two children. 

I find it very hard to piece together romantic and soppy words, and I would most certainly embarrass myself if I tried. So staying true to my style, I'll try my hand at a little humour and wit and keep things honest and to the point...

I love you and I am in love with you, I am blessed, honoured and lucky to be yours. I look forward to experiencing all that this life holds with you. Be it midnight baby poop disasters, weekend dance lesson drop-offs or confronting childbirth classes. I look forward to growing with you whilst we watch our children grow, then watching our children's children grow. I look forward to the RSL club lunches we will go to with our fellow seniors during retirement year, I look forward to celebrating wedding anniversaries in the double figures.


Most of all, I look forward to just being. Just you and I living our lives by each others side.

Happy Valentines Day my sweet, may you be showered with kisses from a toddler, cuddles from your round-bellied partner and kicks from your un-born baby. I love you very much.

Yours forever, 


No comments:

Post a Comment