Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our Journey; Post 3




This leg of the race I am going to term as the 'discomfort stage'. We have had some unexpected hot weather which in turn mixed with a big belly and an energetic toddler has created a huffy puffy pregnancy monster. I am finding that I am often short of breath and feel as though I have been running a marathon when really all I have done is bent down to pick up a toy. People have told me I'm glowing, luckily for them they aren't aware I'm just sweating. I am yearning for the cooler change in weather terribly and have already day dreamt a new wardrobe to match.

I am starting to look noticeably pregnant now and often hear the comment 'Oh my gosh, you are big!" It's a strange observation to respond to, do I smile and say thankyou? Or nod in agreeance and dismiss the question of twins? In my head I am screaming "Tell me about it! You try being this big and running around like a headless chicken raising a family!"



We excitedly announced the 'big reveal' to friends and family after the Morphology Scan a few weeks back! We are expecting another girl! However... Upon a visit to the doctor a few days ago she admitted that it probably couldn't be called either way. So although our little bouncing babe looks like it could be a girl, she may well be a boy. We are hoping to get another sneak peak and more confirmation tomorrow with another scan!

One of my favourite things about this pregnancy over the past 3 weeks has been the way in which Stella has started to take note of my growing bump. She reaches up and gives it a little pat in the shower with a slightly puzzled look on her face. "Belly Belly!" she'll exclaim as if to say "woah Mum, hold off the cupcakes a little hey?!"

I have begun to notice a pattern to the kicks and wriggles baby gives, with the most distinct being when I finally slump into bed at the end of the day and when Stella is sitting on my lap watching her favourite pre-bedtime television show. Our little unborn also reacts excitedly to the sound of her Daddys voice, giving a happy kick in response to his Goo's and Gah's over my belly.


It is hard to believe that we have now passed the half way mark, the count-down to baby and Journey to the end of our pregnancy is creeping up quite quickly. There is still a lot to be done in the way of preparation, and I am just waiting for the nesting instinct to hit me like a tonne of bricks. I am both relaxed and nervous at the same time; more nervous about the preparation to be done rather than the birth and beyond. I can't wait to start washing sweet outfits, crafting sweet nursery items and writing endless to-do lists!

I am looking forward to sharing with you the remaining 20 weeks of Our Journey!
Plenty of love, 

3 comments: