Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Favourite Spaces

During a recent burst of nesting, I did a lot of re-arranging of furniture and re vamping of decor. It's a 'chore' that I love! I love personalising our home with colour, texture and handmade touches. I thought I would share with you some of my favourite little corners of the house; The girls' spaces.

Stella's room has transformed from a nursery to a room fit for a 'big girl'. It is full of tones of Scarlet, pink, chocolate and polka dots giving it a woodland feel.  There are little paper birds hiding here and there, wooden trees all about and little red coats hanging out on display. It's reminds me of a scene taken from Little Red Riding Hood. Like the storybook, come to life.

There is one blank wall still to be adorned with sweet touches that is on my to-do list, I am madly collecting ideas and inspiration and hope to finish it before Stellas sister arrives.

Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
When she finally arrives, baby #2 will have her own comforting space in our bedroom. We are lucky enough to have a huge room so are able to fit the cot, changetable and drawers all in comfortably and without clutter. The cot we ended up deciding on, is the Stokke Sleepi. I adore the way it fits in the corner and it's rounded modern design. At the moment we have it set to the bassinet size, I can't wait to extend it and watch it grow with her through to a junior bed. It was well worth the investment, and a beautiful piece of furniture.

White, toffee and walnut are the colours we've chosen to surround our little one with.We are still to add some personalised touches to decorate her space, something we hope to do when she has a nursery of her own. Nick surprised me this week, by coming up with his own DIY creation for her space. Perhaps he is also nesting? The plaque he made is stunning, I was both pleasantly surprised and proud that he made something so pretty!
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

And those are my favourite corners of our home, the girls' spaces. What are your favourite spaces in your home?
Plenty of love,
winterlove blog natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment